The Beyond

Welcome to The Beyond! We are a sci-fi/fantasy roleplaying forum. In this world, it's a game of survival; only the fittest will live. Don't worry, we won't bite; we've got an awesome staff team, and equally amazing members. Make sure to read over the rules before you begin rping!

Please register or login!

Welcome to the Beyond. Something's out there, just waiting for you to find it. It's either hunt or be hunted out in this dangerous territory, so watch your backs. Join us now, and explore our mysterious depths...

Quick Links

http://i.imgur.com/ILzmAKy.png



News

-Welcome our newest member, Anguis tenebris

-Come keep track of our latest site event! Some would say, it's pretty insane Insanity Event

-Check out our latest contest and win some cool prizes Banner Contest

Here you can find new things about the forum, so make sure you check here often!

Latest topics

» Minea's weapons updated
by Minea Today at 3:21 am

» Angius Tenebris
by sLy Yesterday at 5:45 pm

» Back to the Beginning [Private, Sly]
by Lexia Yesterday at 4:54 pm

» A short story I wrote about my insane bab Kurisu
by Minea Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» The Ouroboros and Karma (A short poem about my characters)
by Minea Yesterday at 2:59 pm

» Ásvör (w.i.p.)
by Ásvör Yesterday at 2:18 pm

» Quindaro Redmire "Ticker"
by Lexia Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:13 pm

» At First Glance[Sly Only]
by Lead Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:25 pm

» My friend made me join...?
by Minea Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Top posting users this month

Staff Online

Affiliates

Our Affiliates
The Beyond
The Beyond

Their Affiliates
ROA

    Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Share
    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:25 pm

    I could feel the warm sum rays beating down on my face and paws, feeling my brain buzzing and ready to activate for the day. My eyes fluttering open, still wanting to drop back to sleep. I looked up, seeing as the weather was clear and ready for a day of adventure. Getting up with a grunt I stepped out of my cave, stretching my wings and taking off into the sky. I looked around at the landscape, feeling boredom coursing through my bones. Seeing smoke rising in the distance ment one of two things, a forest fire, or humans. Flying fast I came across something even better, a village. Looking back I could see this wasn't far from my cave, almost wondering why I haven't seen this before. Either way, I smiled, diving down and ripping a roof off the top of a hut, letting out a fierce roar. Already the screams began to collect, and I began to destroy more houses. Anyone who lived could go tell other about me, I wouldn't care, I'd like to see something try and take me down.

    Finally destroying the village I few back to my den, satisfied with the beginning of my day. Taking a deer from the back I ate it before taking a nap, not even wondering how fast the pleads for help to get rid of me came, all it would mean is more entertainment, especially if they tried to tame me, what a laugh that would be! Settling into a light sleep, I though about the village and people trying to take me down, just in succeeding to get themselves killed.
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:07 pm

    The sun was setting quickly. Yuuki looked at her watch and sighed. She had just finished up a mission in *insert area here*, and it would take her a few more hours before she reached HQ again. It would be past midnight when she finally reaches it. She would survive, but she decided not to. It would be too much of a risk. Spotting a large cave, she decided to use that as shelter for the night. When she finally stepped in, she peaked around. Nothing in sigh-wait a second.... The slumbering form... it was a dragon! She cursed herself mentally. Why didn't she sense its presence sooner!? But it would still be too dangerous to go outside by now. The sun had now completely set, and as Yuuki wasn't familiar with these parts, she wasn't sure what kind of beasts or creatures would be lurking out there. Grimacing, she sat down, sighing.


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Nexus

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 49
    Reputation : 0
    Age : 21

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Nexus
    Species: Reaper
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Nexus on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:42 pm

    By the second, the day was already settling across the horizon as nightfall began to take reach of the sky. For the whole day, Nexus had been searching the forests and grassy knolls for any form of prey that he could convert into sustenance. Yet, he found nothing; it was almost if something scared everything off from the area. Earlier, he occasionally saw a strange shape blot out the sun, but he never paid any heed to it. It simply came and went.

    Yet, something glimmered in his senses. As the night sky filled what once was the clear, blue overhead display, he saw a humanoid shape go into a large cave. Crawling by the cragged rocks, Nexus knew that he could not let this chance slip. Following his target inside would be a death-wish; it would notice him before he would notice it. For now, he simply waited outside by the shadows, paying close attention to any noise or movement that might originate from the cave. He knew that it was bound to come out at some point.
    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:14 am

    Not only did a scent linger into my nose but I heard a small sigh, defiantly human. But without a rattle of armor or the clanking of a sword I didn't see any threat, so I kept acting as if I was asleep. I wondered what she was doing her after all, it wasn't normal for someone to stumble across my cave without attempting to kill or tame me. Did she want to tame me? It seemed unlikely, they usually carried meats on them. Thinking about my stock of deer I moved my tail to block it, making sure that if anyone wanted to steal them they'd have to climb over it, and that's somethin they wouldn't want. I pricked my ears, hearing a small scuttle of legs, probably an overgrown larva. My breathing changed a bit as I wasn't fully asleep, but I wondered if they'd notice. Right now, I wanted to see how they reacted and get more info on them before engaging.
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:38 am

    Yuuki tensed as the Dragon's breathing changed. It's awake... but acting as if it's sleeping... Another presence was waiting outside in the shadows, but she paid it no attention. She could probably fight it off first. Her belly rumbled, and she looked at the large pile of meat longing. Standing up, she crept silently to the large tail and nudged it. "Hey! Wake up!"


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Nexus

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 49
    Reputation : 0
    Age : 21

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Nexus
    Species: Reaper
    Alignment : Lawful Evil

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Nexus on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:58 am

    Nexus perked up as he heard noises coming from inside. It seemed as if there was more than one entity within the cave... If so, this could be a lucky break; he wouldn't need to hunt for, at the very least, a whole week. Upon paying closer attention to the senses that came from the open, rocky area, he caught the scent of meat. What could possibly be happening in there? At this point, he was almost prompted to go inside, but was halted by patience. His mind was set on waiting this whole scenario out.
    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:24 am

    I heard it's steps, it was obviously moving, but as the sounds echoed it was moving in the wrong way. Suddenly I felt a nudge on my tail and then someone shouting for me to wake up. Did this person know nothing about dragons? I opened my eye, glancing at the tiny human. I didn't see any weapons, armor, or anything other humans. Wow, this person really is stupid. I kept my tail in front of my food, getting up and turning to face her. I stared at her, my head slightly cocked with an annoyed and interested look on my face. I wouldn't speak, just yet.
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:33 am

    Yuuki watched as the large beast shifted and moved, and stared down with an interested but slightly annoyed expression, almost as if it was asking why are you bothering me you pesky human? She showed no fear, instead to gaze up at the dragon, no emotions attached. As an Anbu, she had been trained to conceal her emotions so she wouldn't let anything faze her on the outside, even if it did on the inside. She gestured to the large pile of deer meat. "If you can understand me... then can I have some of your meat? I'm very hungry right now, and I can't afford to go outside right now."


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:01 am

    I lifted a brow, a small smile coming across my face. She was interesting, not only coming into the layer of a dragon, but asking for food and then not even been scared on me. Putting my paw over my other arm I gave her an amused look, "You want some food? Why don't you just go eat that thing outside, it's a win-win for both of us." I said, taking a glance outside before returning it to her. I glanced at my stockpile, one deer would be fine to lose but looking back at the girl I wondered if she'd take my suggestion.

    (Crappy post is crappy)
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:24 am

    Yuuki snorted, crossing her arms. "Generous offer, really, but I can't accept. I don't eat mantis or any other kind of insect." She leaned against the wall. "Now come on, be a nice dragon and just give me one deer. I won't bother you for another one.


    ~Le crap..~


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 am

    I smiled at her. "Yeah, but bugs are a good source of (Was it protein?)" Gazing back at my pile I flicked my tail, studying it. She'd probably want a smaller one, one that wouldn't leave any to waste. Turned back to her I asked again, "How are you going to eat the deer?" I've seen people cook their meat before, for mostly every meal but I wanted to see if she was going to also, and how.
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm

    Yuuki took out a small gadget, and aimed it at the deer, and flames spurted out, roasting it. "Like that," she laughed, before cutting off a chunk biting into it. "Not bad," she admitted. "But a bit stringy. So what's your name, dragon?"

    ~Short post~


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:03 pm

    I just let out a sigh. Her gadgets couldn't match my firepower. "Well, at least it's deer fresh from the forest, not some cow infested with laziness and whatever you guys do to them." She snorted. When the human asked for her name she hesitated and glared at the human. "And why should I tell you?" I said with a bit of a snarl. "How about you tell me your name."

    ~So short~


    _________________________________________________________

    'There are two paths, either go down looking like a fool or defend the thing that you love. It all depends in actions'
    [20:13:00 21/12/2016] Leif : iM TELLING MOMMY AERO
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:20 pm

    Yuuki just glanced at the dragon, raising an eyebrow. She took a bite of her deer, and swallowed, before speaking. "I'm just trying to make conversation," she said simply. "I'm not attacking you anything, but since you insisted, my name is Yuuki Hatake. Pleased to meet you." She finished her piece of deer, and pushed it away. "Hm, I'll just bring this back," she decided. "Seika, Ariko, or Gojira can have it."

    ~Shorrrt~


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:34 pm

    I flattened my spines. "Anyone who comes here is usually trying to kill me, I can't trust anyone." I paused and let her talk before continuing. "I'm Aero Dynamic, and who are these people your talking about?" She asked, slightly curious.

    ~Shorty~


    _________________________________________________________

    'There are two paths, either go down looking like a fool or defend the thing that you love. It all depends in actions'
    [20:13:00 21/12/2016] Leif : iM TELLING MOMMY AERO
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:45 am

    Yuuki waved a hand airily. "My teammates," she said dismissively. "I'm sure you'd have heard of us... if I told you my team's name." She shook her head. "And I won't kill you. I promise," she said. "I don't really have anything to gain from killing you. So is this your home? It's nice; cozy and warm. How old are you, by the way?" the assassin asked curiously.


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:45 pm

    I rolled my eyes. "And why would anyone say their team name to me? I'm just a dragon, and especially when they want to kill me, it doesn't seem like they should care." I glanced back at her before continuing. "Yeah, I wouldn't even try to kill me. But, most people just want me gone so I stop stealing or, destroying things." I said with a shrug, bringing my paw up to groom myself. I stopped mid-way and tilted my head at her slight, putting my paw back down. "Well, yeah, this is my home. And, I'm not even sure if I've been keeping track anymore..." I pondered for a bit before replying, "Probably around 45 to 54 years..." I said, my nose twitching as I realized how old I was getting. I wondered how long dragons lived for, I didn't feel like I was getting old, but who knew how dragons felt when they were older.


    _________________________________________________________

    'There are two paths, either go down looking like a fool or defend the thing that you love. It all depends in actions'
    [20:13:00 21/12/2016] Leif : iM TELLING MOMMY AERO
    avatar
    Yuuki
    Technician
    Dragon Storm's Leader
    Technician  Dragon Storm's Leader

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 320
    Reputation : 2
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Yuuki
    Species: Human
    Alignment : True Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Yuuki on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 pm

    Yuuki nodded. "Is that dragon years or human years?" she asked. "I mean, I know dragons age faster than regular humans.." She leaned against the wall, getting comfortable. "So you steal and destroy as well?" She chuckled. "I guess we're notorious for things like that too, but on a bigger scale.."


    ~Short post Razz~


    _________________________________________________________



    avatar
    Aero Dynamic
    Owner
    Owner

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 394
    Reputation : 6
    Age : 15

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Aero Dynamic
    Species: Dragon
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Aero Dynamic on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:12 pm

    I pondered at her question. "I'm not entirely sure..." I wondered if I'd been counting my years wrong. I glanced at her. "You are notorious for stealing on a bigger scale? It always confused me on why humans would even fight each other." I thought back, I've never fought a dragon before, but then again I haven't even seen another dragon before. I might have once but it could've been anything, and might not even be alive still.

    ~Short again~


    _________________________________________________________

    'There are two paths, either go down looking like a fool or defend the thing that you love. It all depends in actions'
    [20:13:00 21/12/2016] Leif : iM TELLING MOMMY AERO
    avatar
    Hunter Dracon

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 63
    Reputation : 0
    Age : 28

    Character sheet
    Character Name: Hunter Dracon
    Species: Human/Night Fury/Phoenix Hybrid
    Alignment : Neutral Good

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Hunter Dracon on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:07 am

    Hunter looked around as he drove his Kawasaki Ninja H2r across a vast plain during the night. The supercharged 300 hp engine revved loudly as Hunter upshifted every few seconds into he was in the highest gear.

    The bike's three custom made and installed cyan xenon LED headlights shone brightly as he drove the 300 hp sport motorcycle on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Hunter had his brights on along with the cyan disc and body glow.

    "Activate thermal x-ray vision." Hunter said and his helmet's visor switched from night vision to thermal vision. Hunter was out here because he had received reports that a dragon lived in the area. Hunter then spotted three heat signatures. One small, one about twice to three time the size of the first, and then an even larger signature.

    That was the dragon he was looking for. Hunter's assignment was to kill the dragon. But Hunter had other ideas. Hunter was going to meet this dragon and see if they knew anything about his family.

    Then as Hunter got closer to his objective he noticed that there was a creature outside the cave where the dragon lived. It was a giant freaking mantis. Hunter downshifted to slow down and then stopped.

    Turning off the bike he took his helmet off and put on a pair of glasses that had the same properties as his helmet's visor. Hunter tapped the right arm of the pair of glasses and it switched to night-vision.

    He took his rifle out of the rifle holster he had on his backpack and turned the scope's thermal setting on. Hunter then put the rifle back in it's holster and took the backpack off.

    After taking off his sport bike jacket and put his hidden blade vambraces back on He morphed into his creature form. A night fury. Hunter then charged at the mantis with his hidden blades unsheathed and fired one of his signature purple cored cyan plasma blasts at it.


    _________________________________________________________

    Say Hello to your new friend
    *BANG*
    The 7.62 mm bullet

    Try to dodge it next time Wanker!



    Sponsored content

    Re: Entering the Monster's Den (Open)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:38 pm